Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Together Forever Using a Christmas Cut. Are You Up for the Challenge?

Hello Crafty Friends!
Did you know there is a new challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas today? Every Tuesday a new challenge is posted and this is your chance to use any of your die cutting tools to create a card. I have a Cricut Expression, which I use everyday and a Gypsy that I still need to figure out. Many of you may remember my husband bought it for my birthday last year and he reminds me every-now-and-then that I should be using it. Okay...after saying that...I am definitely making myself feel guilty, so I should try sooner than later. : )  Send me your tips though. I am going to need them!

The challenge this week is to use a Christmas cut, but do NOT make a Christmas themed card. 

Can you tell I am feeling lovey dovey here?

(Click on photo to enlarge)
I used the Joys of the Season cartridge to cut these 2 Turtle Doves at 4". Then I stamped Together Forever in the upper right corner. 
  • The swing was cut from silver metal paper.
  • The doves and heart were cut from white glitter paper. 
  • White ribbon with silver trim created the bow and there are two silver heart brads in the lower corners.
  • Wiggly eyes
Now it is your turn to create and submit. I will visit throughout the week and leave you some love too. : )

Stay Creative,
Georgiana  

Special Note: There are only 3 days until my Blogoversary. Be on the lookout for a giveaway soon!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Georgiana! Love your card. The doves are very cute.Visit you soon.

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgiana,
    Love you card, it's beautiful! I used this cut for a Valentine's Day card and I must say it is one of my favorite cuts because it is so versatile. You did a great job!
    Hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge!! I just bought a gypsy and waiting for it's arrival- I'll need your tips as well :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card.... Very cute for a wedding or anniversary. I'm scared of the Gypsy... but yet intregired with it as well. I like this challenge it makes ya think!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really adorable, Georgiana. I love it!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting challenge! Love what you came up with! Very clever:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool challenge:)

    How adorable your card turned out:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! I love that cut! and I'm always a sucker for googly eyes! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Georgiana
    I love this card, it is so pretty!!!! What a great design.
    I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. I am a follower of yours now and I will be back often to see what you create. Have a great day.

    Http://countryladydesigns.blogspot.com/
    CountryLadyDesigns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card, I love those googly eyes...they just always add something to the card... I have an award on my blog for you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty and elegant, Georgiana - I love the silver metal paper! So beautiful :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Georgianna, I love your doves card, and it's not Christmasy at all!!!

    Btw, I don't use my Gypsy much either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. new follower! Cute card! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love using seasonal carts for other purposes! Your blog is irresistibly sweet! Please stop by and blog - I have an award for you!

    http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!