Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

National Scrapbooking Day Brings Challenges

Hello Crafty Friends!

It is getting late here, but I wanted to share a couple cards I made earlier today before I clean up for night. Tomorrow will bring a new day with a couple more cards that will need to be completed. I am finishing up three different orders and I have another one or two that just came in yesterday. Yeah!

This first one is for a young man who has been accepted to University of Florida. Yes, the school colors are blue and orange. I have made Birthday cards using these colors in the past since we have lots of UF fans.
Materials:
blue, orange, and white card stock
Plantin Schoolbook cartridge ~ circles (2 - 3") and letters (3/4")
Spots Cuttlebug embossing folder
orange gems

Challenges:

The other card is for a 5th grade student that will going to middle school next year. Her school's mascot is the mustang.
Materials:
white, silver, black, and maroon card stock
Old West cartridge ~ horse (3") and letters/numbers 1/2"
Scrollwork Cuttlebug embossing folder 

Hope you enjoyed a day filled with crafting.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana

15 comments:

  1. Both are great cards...love the embossing too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both really great cards. I need to get started on graduation cards; thanks for the reminder and the inspiration. I am so glad you joined in our fun at Shop Pumpkin Spice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgiana, I love to make treat boxes for the teachers and I don't like to repeat them since my children have had some of the same teachers for the past 5 years. Even though I have not used it yet, I think Tags, Bags, Boxes 2 is going to be my favorite. Have you seen that one at Cricut.com? I just bought it last weekend at JoAnns (they are on sale again this week to for $34.99.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgiana, Both cards are wonderful! I'm so glad you got to play with us at Pumpkin Spice! ~Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of them. Great job!
    Hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards, especially the Orange and Blue!! GO GATORS!!! I think I remember you saying your a Seminole fan. Thanks for pointing out your sidebar to me!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards!! I love the embossing you did on both.

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards- I love the embossing on them!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards look great. Love the embossing.

    Hugs,
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Georgiana! Hope you were not too overwhelmed last week just starting with us and now will be on the right schedule. Have a crafty week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantasic on both. Love the personalized touch!! I will have to keep these in mind! I love the scrollwork Cuttlebug folder, I may have to get that one. Its looks awesome with the horse.

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the swirls background - saw it used by someone else as a "winter-y" background and amazing how perfect and different it is with your image and colors. Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool congrats card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice cards! Thank you for playing along with us at CropStop. Come back tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!