Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Two Cards with One Cut at Exploring Cricut

Good Morning and Happy National Scrapbooking  Day!

I am looking forward to crafting today...almost all day without any interruptions. I have to run one quick errand and the rest of the day is going to be all about paper, ribbon, buttons, flowers, embossing folders, and of course, my Cricut.

Just the other day I became a member of the Exploring Cricut Design Team. Today is my day to share!

Here is my Design Team project for Exploring Cricut...
 Same cut from Kates' ABCs, but two different cards for Mother's Day.
I  created the background using scraps from K1 Memories Enchanting stack. I love the unique look that you can produce by patching together the small pieces you have. You can develop dozens of different backgrounds and never have to worry about what to do with the leftovers scraps.
 For this card, I added a name plate. The person I created this for loves her cards personalized. She is going to give it to her daughter-in-law. The inside reads: Happy Mother's Day.
Other Materials:
pink cardstock
DCWV paper ~ Latte stack
Spellbinders ~ Beaded Oval
purple ink

  
I just recently discovered how to use my Cuttlebug for embossing and I absolutley LOVE it! I found a great video that was easy to follow and now I will be sure to add the extra step to my projects. If you are interested in the video just let me know and I will share the link with you.

Be sure to stop by Exploring Cricut each day for fabulous projects from the other Design Team members. The next challenge begins on Monday, May 7th.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana

13 comments:

  1. Hi love these cards, so pretty. I would love to watch the video on the embossing.
    Thank you,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great Georgiana!! beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are really pretty...have fun today! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are really pretty! Love the colors :)

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love. Both cards great job, they both look different to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your cards

    Happy NSD!, hope you craft all day.


    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these both!!! They look great!!! Happy NSD!!!

    Hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are wonderful!! Love how they are different. Love the scraps you used to make the bg on the top one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your cards Georgiana, how fortunate to dedicate a full day to all things crafty, enjoy;)
    Have awonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards! That cuttlebug does do awesome embossing- I just wish they made bigger plates (but then you would need a bigger cuttlebug! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that patchwork quilt feel on both of the cards!! Your work is amazing!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!