Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

How About a Cupcake on the 4th?

Hello Crafty Friends,

I hope you have been enjoying your 4th of July (those from USA). My hubby had the day off, so we went out of town for half the day. It was a pleasant day getting some lunch and then doing a little shopping. No craft supplies today...instead my daughter and I got some Betsey Johnson jewelry that was on sale for 65% off. I do LOVE a good sale!

I made this card early this morning before we left, but was not able to take pictures until we returned. It is for a friend who has a birthday in two weeks.

This is also my Die Cuttin' Diva Design Team project...red, white, and blue. It is a day late since I have been working on a BIG project that has taken most of my time for the past 3 - 4 days. I can't say what it is yet, but it will be a series of projects with some helpful tips. I have  a few more pieces that I am working on before I release the details.

Here is my project for today...
I have never used this ribbon until today. I bought it on clearance after the holiday last year and was waiting for the right time.
The tiny stars on the cupcake are from a patriotic corner punch. I think they match the ribbon perfectly. 
This flower is made from stars cut between the sizes of 1" to 2 1/4". I layered them, added the brad, twisted and fluffed the edges. 
Materials:
Sweet Treats Cricut cartridge ~ cupcake (p. 27) cut at 1 1/2"
Celebrations Cricut cartridge ~ star (p. 110) cuts between 1" - 2 1/4"
red, white, blue and brown card stock
various pattern papers (polka dots, stripes, and stars)
white glitter
red glitter glue
blue brad
cupcake ribbon 
Faded Jeans distress ink

Challenges:

Be sure to stop by Die Cuttin' Diva to see the other Design Team projects and to enter this week's challenge. We have another new sponsor...

Stay Creative,
Georgiana

39 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love the patriotic cupcake!! Can't wait to see what you are up to! ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it Georgina.. the paper is beautiful and i love how you glittered up the icing.. everything is just perfect.. the ribbon is perfect.

    i am so excited to see what you are working on.
    Glad you had a wonderful day with your family.. and what a sale you got. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Georgiana!!! Love the cupcake, the star flower, the bg papers and that great ribbon!! You picked the perfect time to use it! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! Have a safe 4th!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't mind if I do...I hope it's fat free. Too cute!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea to make a patriotic cupcake.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card! I love how everything coordinates.


    Tara

    Craftin Desert Divas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th! Gorgeous card! Love the design, papers, cupcake--everything about it! You can also enter the card in the Patriotic challenges at BBTB2 and My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable! The little stars on the cupcake are perfect and I LOVE that ribbon! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your patriotic cupcake card and that fabulous star flower! What a perfect match your ribbon is, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card!! Love the patriotic cupcake and what a beautiful flower!! Can't wait to see what you've been working on
    :0) Hope you had a wonderful 4th!!
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Great take on the sketch and I adore the ribbon matches perfectly with the cupcake.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun, fun card. I love that ribbon!! So perfect. Isn't it funny how we hold on to things for such a long time before we use them!! I am sure your friend will love this card.

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card and looks good enough to eat! :) New follower here! I wanted to let you know I am starting a new challenge blog in a few weeks & would love for you to stop by and check it out! Hope to see you there!

    Hugs from the Island ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cupcake card and love the layered flowers. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis P.S. I would LOVE it if you would play with us at my other challenge blog too - Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. New challenge every Friday. The current challenge ends at Midnight tomorrow and there are only 6 entries so far, so you'd have a GREAT chance of winning. Smiles!
    http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun and fabulous!! Love the sparkle on the cupcake!! I hope you had a happy 4th :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning flower, yummy cupcake all swirled together into a perfect birthday card! Where did you find that fabulous ribbon! Thanks so much for joining my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card! Love that ribbon, and I love the way you make that flower. It's so neat. I liked it before when you first made it. Very cool technique that I'll probably forget!--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO cute! I LOVE the cupcake ribbon and the stars you used to make a flower...COOL! can't wait to see what you've been up to!!

    HUgs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card Georgiana. So beautiful. Love the flower that you made with a bunch of stars, so cool. Lovely work. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome Georgiana! I love your patriotic cupcake and the papers are so fun!! Love this!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card, what a fun way to use the red, white and blue :)
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun card! Love the little sparkle to it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute and fun card...I love it. I love all your newer ones as well. You always make fun cards. :)
    Tfs
    Hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow just splendid.Love that cupcake it looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. super cute georgiana! you totally made that cupcake patriotic! thanks for showing us your country's colors this week at party time tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it!!!
    The sparkles on the cupcake and the flower are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card Georgiana! I just love how your cupcake matches your ribbon perfectly! Fantastic flower as well.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think every day is perfect for a cupcake! Your card is gorgeous and I love the beautiful stacked flowers on it. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. gorgeous work hun!
    Thanks so much for playing along @ Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great card!!

    Thank you for joining us this month at Unique Crafters Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!