Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

It's a Mother's Day Weekend

Hello! 
It is Mother's Day weekend...yes, Mother's Day should be ALL weekend not just one day! One day just is not enough with all we do throughout the year. 

How about a little history about this important holiday...
Mother’s Day is a holiday honoring motherhood that is observed in different forms throughout the world. The American incarnation of Mother’s Day was created by Anna Jarvis in 1908 and became an official U.S. holiday in 1914. Jarvis would later denounce the holiday’s commercialization and spent the latter part of her life trying to remove it from the calendar. While dates and celebrations vary, Mother’s Day most commonly falls on the second Sunday in May.

Here are my Mother's Day cards I have made for a few special friends...
Heritage Cricut cartridge for title and Creative Cards for butterflies

Birthday Cakes Cricut cartridge

Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge only

Freshly Picked Cricut cartridge

Florals Embellished Cricut cartridge
I used my new Scrapbook Expo paper (only $2 per 6x6 stack) on all the cards. I sure do love to buy paper even though I know I do not need it. I seem to never finish a stack, but you can never have enough, right? I also added ribbon, buttons, my handmade stickpin, gems/pearls, flowers...lots of different embellishments to make each one slightly different.

The last two are personalized and I used Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge to cut the letters. I cut on the shadow feature at 1/2". One of my favorite carts still for simple fonts. Cuts nicely too!

Hope you enjoy the weekend. My hubby already asked my this morning what I want to do this weekend (yes, we celebrate all weekend...milk it while you can!). The only thing I said so far...go blueberry picking. Better go get ready!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana 
Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! They are ALL Beautiful!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful !!!! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day weekend !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all gorgeous Georgiana!!! My favorite is the 2nd one :-) Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should have a big party where everyone brings their unfinished stacks and exchanges them! I have to admit that mother's day isn't one of my favorite holidays; my mom died when I was 16 and I always have a lot of heartache that day; but my kids enjoy it so I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super super nice cards! Thank you so much for listing the cartridges! I did not make any cards this year...my mom passed away 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards are beautiful!! I love the designs!! They are all fabulous, but I think the first one is my fav!! Have a great time picking blueberries!! Yum!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Those are all just gorgeous! I love that bright orange one so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely cards, G! Love that color combo in the first one. Gorgeous. Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgiana ~ Well all of these are imply BEAUTIFUL!! I agree Mother's Day should be more than one day! Also I am with Anna ~ to commercialized! I don't want flowers on that day ~ bring me flowers on a random day! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Awesome Mother's Day Card. I think Mother's Day should be everyday, lol. Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!